Faculty-driven and directed, EESI centers are leaders in interdisciplinary, collaborative and innovative research in the ever-changing environmental sciences. Researchers involved with the centers are engaged in understanding the earth system, how it affects people and how people affect it.
EESI Funding Resources
EESI supports interdisciplinary research and teaching through several funding programs for both faculty members and graduate students. These annual funds are awarded on a competitive basis.
- 2020 EESI Call for Center Proposals
- Scholar in Residence (SIR) Faculty Program
- EESI Environmental Scholars Graduate Student Program
- Junior Faculty Miscellaneous Research Funds
- Funding for Workshops
- Funding for EarthTalks
EMS Funding Resources
A variety of competitive awards are available annually to faculty within the College. For information about these awards, visit EMS Faculty Excellence Awards and EMS Faculty Research and Travel Grants.
IEE Funding Opportunities
The Institutes of Energy and the Environment (IEE) maintains a database of currently open requests for proposals. The database is searchable by keyword, designated research theme, funding agency, or due date. IEE also maintains a list of recent funding announcements.
Scheyer Institute for Teaching Excellence
Penn State Funding Resources
- Graduate students interested in obtaining tuition waivers when funded projects do not include tuition can find information through The Graduate School Grant-In-Aid Incentive Program.